Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shrimp Feta

    The hurt-baby-deer look on my sister’s face when I told her that I was going to blog about shrimp feta was enough to make me feel guilty about doing so, but not enough to stop me. It really is her recipe, that is, she found it in a magazine, so I do have to give her credit for that. And I have to direct you to her blog, www.emilyrosekelly.com, where you will find her version of the recipe (She calls it “Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta” because apparently that sounds more appetizing than “Shrimp Feta”). This recipe is best in summer, because the tomatoes give so much more flavor when they’re in season. I cut them up super-small because I’m still working through some inexplicable issues I have with tomatoes—really the only way I can get myself to eat them is if I can’t tell they’re there. Feel free to cut them to a more normal size for your own meal.

Shrimp Feta

Ingredients:
4 tomatoes, diced
2/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Medium cooked shrimp
1 cup Feta
¾ cup cous cous

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Place tomatoes in an oven-proof pan, cover with olive oil, and mix in garlic and lemon juice. Roast in oven for 15 minutes. Remove, add shrimp and feta, then return to oven for an additional 10 minutes (note: if you get raw shrimp you’ll have to cook it longer. In this case, add the shrimp and cook ‘til they’re done, then add the feta). 5 minutes before the tomatoes and shrimp are done, bring ¾ cup water to a boil. Add cous cous, then remove from heat and cover. Wait 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Serve tomatoes over cous cous.

No comments:

Post a Comment